Basic Tips to Reduce Your Homeowner Insurance Premiums
There are many preventive maintenance and home improvement measures out there that help avoid costly home repairs. This includes basic maintenance tips like cleaning chimneys, gutters, or inspecting for termites. It is also important to know that there are home improvements you can do in order to lower your homeowners insurance premium.
- Smoke detectors – These devices are simple to use and usually very inexpensive. Putting up a smoke detector in your house is a very cost-effective way to reduce your insurance premium.
- Sprinkler system – This may not be the cheap, but it may reduce your insurance premium substantially and be worth while.
- Electrical – Ensuring that your home is up to date on the latest wiring ad electrical will help to prevent electrical fires.
- Deadbolt locks – It is much more difficult for a thief to enter your home with a deadbolt lock.
- Motion sensor lighting – You can purchase stand alone lights from the hardware store or install motion lighting in you front and back yards.
- Fill in your pool – If your pool is empty unused, or in disrepair, consider having it filled in. In most cases, homes with no pools carry lower insurance rates.
- Install a new garage door – In states like Florida that are constantly hit bu strong winds, hurricanes and tornadoes, there a new reinforced garage doors available to better combat the strong winds.
- Stronger shingles – Some insurance companies may cut your home insurance premiums by up to 30% if you install stronger shingles
- If you are planning on keeping your pool install a fence – Installing a fence around your pool reduces the chance of someone wandering into your yard and falling in. This reduces your liability, thus reducing your home insurance premium.
- Install shatterproof windows – Instead of regular window panes you can install shatterproof glass. These are great for strong winds and hurricanes as well as preventing a thief from breaking in.
- Keep the mold down with regular floor and roof maintenance – It is important to kill carpet mold correctly without having to worry about the mold growing back. We recommend Cleaned to a T when it comes to all of your DeLand Florida Carpet Cleaning needs.
Home Insurance rates in Florida are known as some of the highest in the Country. In order to reduce your premium and safeguard one of your biggest assets it is important to review your homeowners insurance policy and ask for discounts. These tips may allow you to save money on your homeowners insurance. To know exactly which actions will guarantee a reduction in your home insurance premium it is important to contact your agent direct. For a free review of your current homeowners insurance policy feel free to give us a call today at (386) 734-3970.