Good Insurance for your restaurant, tavern, or bar is just as important to the success of your business as an irresistible menu. Without the right coverage you could risk everything.
Owning a restaurant can prove to be a very profitable and rewarding business, however it is important to make sure that it remains profitable by protecting it with an adequate restaurant insurance policy. As the owner of a restaurant there are a few types of insurance coverage’s you might want to consider, or in some cases, may be required to have by law. These include:
- Restaurant Insurance: This is a form of business insurance that is specifically designed for owners of restaurants. It includes general liability and property damage insurance coverage as well as other coverage’s and hazards unique to the industry.
- Workers Compensation Insurance: In the state of Florida this type of insurance coverage is required by law. It covers any injuries your employees may experience while on the job.
- Commercial Auto Insurance: This type of coverage is vital if your restaurant delivers or caters using company owned vehicles.
- Life Insurance: This type of business insurance is often times required by lenders if you have taken out a substantial loan in order to finance your business venture.
Restaurant Insurance from Gould provides you with Liability Insurance
- General Liability: This is a vital insurance coverage in the restaurant business. If a customer slips and falls or is injured on site you may be held responsible due to negligence. This type of insurance is designed to provide coverage for medical costs and damages.
- Product Liability: In the restaurant business, the food you serve is the product. If customers become sick from a meal and it can be proven was due to the food in your restaurant, you may be held liable.
- Liquor Liability: If your restaurant serves liquor this is a very important insurance to have. If a customer becomes intoxicated, it is possible that your business will be held liable for the drunk patron’s ensuing actions.
Restaurant Insurance from Gould provides you with Property Coverage
- Building Coverage: This type of insurance offers compensation for damages to the structure of your building.
- Contents Coverage: This type of coverage includes coverage for your property including everything from furniture to kitchen equipment.
- Equipment Breakdown Insurance Coverage: This insurance provides coverage for contents such as stoves, freezers, dishwashers and more in the unfortunate event of equipment breakdown. This is important as it compensates for lost income due to the malfunction of your equipment.
Your restaurant insurance premium can vary from year to year depending on aspects such as the size of your restaurant, number of employees and even the types of food you serve.
At Gould we are able to shop rates between all of our restaurant insurance providers in order to get you the most competitive quote possible. For a free quote on Restaurant Business Insurance call us today at (386) 734 3970. To learn more about our restaurant insurance coverage, click here.