Commercial Truck Tips for New Commercial Trucking Businesses
In order to start a commercial trucking business in the State of Florida it is required that you provide proof of insurance to the State. The amount of insurance depends on the type of trucking operation you operate. The coverage limits differ depending on the operation.
- It is important to note that the radius of operation is taken into consideration when the companies rate your business. The higher the radius the higher the premium.
- Vehicle operators can also affect the premium. If you have a driver with multiple tickets your premium could increase.
- Packaging cargo insurance with your commercial vehicle can result in premium savings.
- Weight of the vehicle can affect the premium. When you register your truck with the State of Florida they list the GVW (Gross Vehicle Rate) on the registration. Depending on this number the premium can be affected.
- Financing can help a great deal when trying to get the wheels rolling on a new venture. At Gould we have companies with ample financing options to help you get on the road.
At Gould we offer free no obligation commercial truck insurance quotes. If you are looking to quote your existing trucking business or fare a new venture feel free to give us a call today at (386) 734 3970.