Before serving alcohol at an event it is important you check with your insurance professional to make sure you have proper coverage for special event liquor liability. If plans for entertaining are in the making, it is important to keep in mind a few important basics:
- If your business or non-for-profit organization is serving alcohol to your guests, you need to make sure that your insurance coverage includes liquor liability.
- If you are entertaining at a public venue such as a hotel restaurant or catering facility, it is important to keep in mind that they bear the liability.
- Most insurance policies will provide liquor liability coverage at no cost if you are not charging an admission for the event. They will also provide no cost coverage if you let them know of the event beforehand.
- If you are charging an or selling tickets, it is important to check with your independent agent to be sure there is liquor liability insurance coverage in place in order to protect your organization.
- If you hiring a bartender or caterer for the event it is important to ask them to provide you with proof of their liquor liability insurance coverage. By doing so, this will reduce the risk to your organization substantially.
- It is important to be aware of this type of coverage in the early stages of planning. In fact some venues might even require proof of insurance prior to the event.
If you have any questions in regards to liquor liability insurance call us today and an independent insurance agent would be happy to assist you. Call us today at (386) 734 3970