It is important to know that homeowners insurance policies do not cover damage from flooding, but you can purchase flood coverage as a separate policy.
Just this year, Pensacola experienced unprecedented flooding and the heaviest rainfall recorded since the early 1800s. Homes and businesses were completely flooded and roadways temporarily closed.
It is times like these that prove everyone is at risk, no matter how far you live from the coast. As a Florida resident it is vital that you have proper coverage and are prepared for a peril such as this.
Whether you live on the coast or inland, there is a good chance you are at risk.
To purchase a flood insurance policy contact Gould today!
Flooding is the number one disaster in the U.S., they can happen at anytime. Are you covered?
Some important facts to consider when it comes to Florida Flood Insurance are as followed:
- It can take up to 30 days for a flood insurance to take affect.
- The average loss from flood in the years 1994-2004 were $2.4 billion.
- Flooding is the #1 disaster in the country.
- You have a 15% higher chance of being affected by flooding than you do by fire.
- Your homeowners insurance policy does not include flooding.
We would love to assist you with all of your Flood and Home Insurance needs. For a free quote call us today at (386) 734 3970