Some tips for getting the most out of your boat insurance policy include:
- Consult with a local agent to have a more informed opinion.
- Get your captain’s license or take a boaters safety course
- Consider suspending your boat insurance coverage during layup periods and winter storage.
- Ask your agent how your trailer for your boat might be covered.
- Ask about attaining insurance for cruising out of the country or traveling abroad.
- Keep a list of all of your equipment in your boat in case of theft.
- Keep a good maintenance repair record for your boat.
- Get several quotes from varying sources to assure that you have the best rate and best coverage possible
- Understand how your boat value was determined by your insurance company
- Be sure that when taking your boat out after a long winter that all maintenance has been done and is thoroughly inspected.
We are a licensed and independent Florida Boat Insurance Agency
V.W. Gould Agency is an independent Boat Insurance Agency in the state of Florida. We have access to multiple companies and will custom tailor a boat insurance policy to your specific needs. Call us today for a free quote 386 734 3970