Florida Restaurant Insurance Basics

Obtaining the right insurance coverage is essential for the success and longevity of your restaurant or bar.

The agents at Gould are able to assist you in obtaining coverage that reflects your specific needs as a restaurant owner.

Whether you own an ice cream shop, barbeque joint, cafe, tavern or bar, Gould has insurance options to fit your needs. Every business is different, at Gould we understand this.

Some of the basic coverages associated with Restaurant Insurance Coverage include:

  • General Liability
  • Workers Compensation 
  • Liquor Liability
  • Commercial Auto
  • Property Insurance
  • Renters Insurance
  • Business Income
  • Food Spoilage

If you own a catering business or use vehicles in the line of work it is essential that you purchase commerical auto insurance coverage. It is important to note that a personal auto insurance policy does cover vehicles used in business.

Florida is prone to storms including tropical storms and hurricanes. If a storm hits and you lose power and are forced to close your doors it is important to consider business income insurance coverage to replace your income while you are closed down. Another coverage to consider is food spoilage. Food spoilage insurance coverage will replace any food that goes bad as a result of a power outage.

When it comes to insuring your restaurant it is important to consider all your options. At Gould we are here to help make sure that your Restaurant Insurance Policy is tailored to you and your specific needs as a restaurant business owner. For a free quote feel free to give us a call today at (386) 734 3970

Call us today for a free no obligation quote 386 734 3970

Have a question? Fill in the form below and an independent insurance agent will contact you.



201 N. Woodland Blvd.
DeLand, FL 32720
Phone: 386-734-3970


Mon: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Tues: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wed: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thurs: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Fri: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sat: Closed
Sun: Closed